There are many people with feelings of disbelief, shock and fear. This community has never experienced anything like this. If we have one terrorist in our midst, who's to say there aren't more. The question will become who can we trust? We live in a very friendly part of the Country where striking a conversation with the person in line at the grocery store or giving someone a warm smile and a "Hello, how are you today?" are everyday common events. I hope this incident doesn't change the trusting and friendly attitudes of our citizens.
With the recent arrest of Khalid Ali-M Aldawasari, suspected of creating a weapon of mass destruction many people are taking a closer look at our community. The 20 year old Saudi Arabian came to America in 2008 and attended Vanderbilt University (Tenn.) as a student of the the English Learning Center. He mastered the English and continued his education at Texas Tech in Lubbock in the fall 2009 majoring in chemical engineering. Due to poor grades, 6 weeks ago he transferred to So Plains College.
Reporters on the grounds of SPC could not find any students there who knew him. The students were aware of the situation and are very concerned that a Muslim could come to this country as a student, attend prestigious colleges and be taught the English language to perfection. Worst of all he was taught the art of making chemical bombs, which he clearly intended to use to cause Jihad across America.
The following are comments made from college students who had encounters with the suspect, some of whom lived in the same building with the terrorist:
- "He was just a normal guy I guess, sometimes he seemed a little weird."
- "He was kind of quiet, he always stood off by himself in the corner using his ipod or something. Somebody like that who is secluded makes you wonder like what's he doing on his own time, I guess as it turns out he's was making bombs."
- "It's unbelievable and shocking you know, that this happened in Lubbock, much less in the same building,"
- "It's scary, I don't want that going on anywhere, much less where I lay my head at night, what if he messed up and blew up the whole building,"
- "...cant believe he was living down the hall from someone who had the intentions of committing a terrorist attack in the US." Source
The Mayor also said "This is West Texas, I'm sure he'll be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law."
Congressman Randy Neugebauer released a statement saying "I was shocked. This stuff can happen anywhere, even Lubbock, Texas." The Congressman also said. "Intelligence gathering is one of our best defenses. This was extremely good work by the FBI to prevent a tragic thing from happening."
According to the Lubbock Avalanche Journal:
- Members of Lubbock’s Muslim community reacted with surprise, shock and dismay. Apparently no one in the Muslim or Saudi Arabia communities knew Aldawasari. Some of their comments:
- “They are just allegations. If it’s true, I think the Muslim community condemns any action like that.
- “We condemn violence and terrorism without reservations,”
- “We like to give (a) plain message to everyone that Islam is a religion of peace. Islam is a religion against terrorism or terrorists or any person who wants to terrify any human being,”
Our Country owes a huge Thank-you to two companies who were crucial in thwarting Jihad against America. Carolina Biological Supply of Burlington, N.C. for being alert and taking action to stop the delivery of the chemical. They became suspicious when Aldawasari said it was for use for an off campus experiment for Texas Tech. Upon hearing from the supplier to stop the deliver Con-way Freight, the shipping company, notified Lubbock police and the FBI the same day with similar suspicions because it appeared the order wasn't intended for commercial use.
I can only imagine the devastation this Osama Bin Laden follower could have caused had it not been for the courage of two companies to become involved with a suspicious order. I know the citizens of this area are more aware of what is really happening in this Country and the World. This hit home to many people that terrorism can strike anywhere not just in the big cities. No body or place is immune to the threats of the Jihad terrorists. Wake up America we are at war with the Radical Muslims who wish Jihad upon ALL infidels.
How would you feel if this happened in your home town? Share your thoughts with us.
Tea Party Deanie