Thursday, November 11, 2010

Let Us Not Forget

On this Veterans Day Nov. 11 2010 we honor all our Heroes of the past and present who so courageously risked or lost their lives for the Freedom of our Country. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your bravery and unselfishness. For those of you who returned home with injuries or maimed, may God be with you on your road to recovery. For those of you who so gallantly gave your life, our prayers and thoughts will always be with you and your memory will live within our our hearts. You will always be remembered for the ultimate sacrifice you bestowed upon our Country.

Let us not forget the the sacrifice given by the families of the Patriots who went to serve their Country. Today and every day I want to express my gratitude to all the family members who have and are living with the agony of having your loved one off in another Country fighting for our Freedom. The pain of saying goodbye to your hero can not be expressed in words, nor can the daily agony you endure not knowing if your soldier was safe or in harms way. 
I would like to share a few beautiful songs and a poem to honor you today,
your are our heroes too!

Katy Benko whose husband was sent to Iraq a few months after they were married wrote  "A Soldier's Wife"
"I'm Already There"   Deployment-What It Means To Wait....Military Families,Wives
All Honor to Her
He offered himself for the land he loved,
But what shall we say for her ?
He gave to his country a soldier's life;
'Twas dearer by far to the soldier's wife.
All honor today to her !
He went to the war while his blood was hot,
But what shall we say of her ?
He saw himself through the battle's flame
A hero's reward on the scroll of fame;
What honor is due to her ?
He offered himself, but his wife did more,
All honor today to her !
For dearer than life was the gift she gave
In giving the life she would die to save;
What honor is due to her?
He gave up his life at his country's call,
But what shall we say of her ?
He offered himself as a sacrifice,
But she is the one who pays the price.
All honor we owe to her.
(Author Unknown)
Radical Richard's Mother didn't hear from him for quite a long time while he was deployed in Viet Nam. Finally she wrote to his commanding officer, she sent him pen, paper, and self addressed stamped envelopes. His CO gave him the supplies and ordered him to write to her. Not knowing what to say to his mother (he didn't want to tell her about the horrible atrocities of war) he told her the ice cream machine was broken and he was very upset over it. Guess what ... she wrote back to his CO and chewed him out. That didn't set too well for RR! The moral of this is you soldiers are terribly missed at home, please stay in touch with your loved ones.

Thank you ALL for your sacrifices.
I pray that your loved ones will be returned home to you safely. 
God Bless You!
Show your support for our Veterans today and every day!
Share your support with others.

Tea Party Deanie

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for thinking about the family members who worry themselves sick while their loved ones are in the line of fire. It was very heartbreaking to get the message that my brother was wounded. The worst part is it seems like forever that you actually know the extent of his injuries. We are very lucky he is okay.
    I will share this page with my mother, she will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You express a very good point that too often we forget the friends and family that sit at home waiting for their loved ones to return.

    Shame on you Radical Richard for not writing home when you were deployed. I'll bet your CO got a big laugh when your mother wrote to him about the ice cream machine being broken. I can't believe she took it so seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to your post.
    Well done and very cute story about Radical R and his mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice of you to include our families, they did sacrifice a lot. As a WW2 vet, i appreciate your kind words.

    i had a hard time writing letters home to my wife, she didn't receive many. I agree what do you write, of course we didn't have a broke ice cream machine to complain about! What a great line that was, radical richard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never looked at the dilemma the family has to face over a Veteran in war. You brought up a subject I will think a lot about in the future. This week I pay my tribute to the Veterans who gave up so much in order we can have Freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the suffering my mom went through when dad was in Viet Nam. I did not understand dad was in a war, just that he was gone. I missed him terribly and cried a lot. Mom was always sad and cried a lot too. What a wonderful day it was for us when dad returned.
    How nice to know that people honor the suffering of the families. We do appreciate the remembrance.

    May our troops, past present and fallen know that they are remembered and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How thoughtful to honor the families of our veterans.
    I can't wait until my roommate gets in, as much as she likes taunting Radical Richard she will get a big kick out of him crying about the ice cream machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a mother of a soldier in Afghanistan I want to thank you for the kind words.
    I love the story about the ice cream! I don't know if I would have written to my sons CO, but good for RR's mom for doing so. The few letters I receive consist of I miss you and I'm fine. I guess I understand that my daughter does not want to tell me what she is really going through.
    God will walk with our troops. Pray for their safe return. God Bless Our Troops and America.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mad Sally's RoommateNovember 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM

    Very thoughtful of you to remind us to thank the family members for their sacrifices. The Veterans and their families are heroes to all of us. Thank you for you sacrifices and May God Be With You.

    As far as the part about the ice cream machine, I did laugh my A** off! Mad Sally was right I did get a big kick! Radical Richard puts on the big tough act and then we find out out he really is a person of compassion.

    ReplyDelete

We do encourage you to post your comments. Please refrain from using any profanity or Hate remarks or your post will be removed.